Saturday 27 July 2013

Muffies cloth pads

These were the first cloth pads I ever tried!

I First purchased a set of 3 (overnight, regular and pantyliner) in the same pattern but with different coloured wings, after a few weeks when I realised I loved them, I bought a second 3 pack.


Now the overnights for me are anything but. Both mine measure 9inches more or less so I consider them a heavy day pad, the pantyliners I also don’t consider liners, they are absorbent enough for me that I could use on a regular day but a little too short at 7inches. I do like a 7inch liner but I find these too thick for everyday use. The regulars are indeed regulars they are relatively thin and are about 8inches long. The regulars and overnights contain pul but not in the wings. If I want pul in a pad I want it in the whole pad!

Since these are the oldest in my stash I can comment on how well they have stood up to the test of time. The overnights are gone a little stiff and crunchy and one has bunched up quite a bit and is uncomfortable, The regulars are in great shape and I use them a lot! The liners are so so, a little bunchy but still comfy, though they don’t get much use.

Since these were the first I tried, I will always love them, but I have since found other brands that I much prefare.

Would I recommend these? Yes and no. The regulars yes, but I wouldn’t recommend buying more than one night pad and one liner until you try them out and know if you find the thickness comfortable. I do think the starter kit is great value for money for anyone wanting to give cloth a try! They got me hooked and for that, they will always mean something to me.

Pros:
Lovely colours and patterns
Very absorbent
relatively cheap
The regulars are pretty trim.

Cons:
Not a great variety of sizes
A little cardboardy stiff
Can bunch up in the wash

No comments:

Post a Comment