Monday 22 July 2013

Blossom pads

I adore my blossom pads!
When I first went to check out the blossom pads site over a year ago, it was closed, I believe she was on holidays, so I waited anxiously (sad I know) for her to re-open and when she did she just offered up “seconds” and wasn't listing anything else for the next week or so, I really wanted the intro to cloth kit but I couldn't wait so I got one 8 inch moderate pad and one velour 6 inch pantyliner.
When I got them I had a hard time figuring out what was wrong with them, I still don’t know what’s wrong with my 8 inch, but there’s a teeny tiny bald patch on the panytliner that I would have never noticed if I did not know that it wasn't perfect.
I loved them right away, they were so so soft, the pad was so pretty and I loved the design; they have the soaker part sewn on top of the wings so that it fits in your underwear better and it prevents excess leakage onto the wings (and thus onto your undies) as it’s raised off the base.
Before I had a chance to really use them I ordered the intro to cloth kit for teens, I got this one first as I prefare smaller pads. This is what I got:
This was only 11!! Plus shipping

into to cloth kit for teens



 Blossom pads are amazingly absorbent and I love that they have no pul or other unbreathable material in them. The only incident I had was when I thought my 8 inch moderate would get me through half a day on my heavy day oops but even then, it hadn’t really come through the back of the pad, just a little bit around the stitching and nothing on my undies so they really do have great absorbency! You can get the pads made in all flannel  (in a set of 3)or with cotton wings/base and a cotton velour top, I prefare the flannel which I was a little surprised at! The velour is definitely soft but I think I just prefare the basic flannel.

So then I ordered these, the intro to cloth kit, plus an 8 inch velour pad with super absorbency and an 8 inch pantyliner. When I received the super absorbency pad, it was marked as a moderate, the owner quickly sent me out a new one, even though the original one was probably still a “super” just marked wrong.
The pantyliner is a little long for me but it was worth buying to try out!

intro to cloth kit


Blossom pads has been closed for the best part of a year while she was on maternity leave, but she recently opened back up and I can’t wait to get a flannel 3 pack of her mini pads! They are so cute!
Blossom pad stash.
For the year that I have had them, they have held up pretty well, the pantyliners get plenty of use and over time have lost some of their softness and look a little old but that is to be expected!.


Summary:
Pros:
Super absorbent
Excellent design
Gorgeous!
Really comfy
No PUL
Lovely owner! She refunded me a little bit of overpaid shipping once which was very thoughtful, a lot of others wouldn’t
Really affordable!!

Cons:
Can’t really fold them small for travelling so a bigger wet bag is sometimes needed than usual.
Can feel a little bulky at times.
Limited options as far as materials, no flat cotton tops.
Stitching goes through to the back around the edge which may be a problem for some.


No comments:

Post a Comment