Tuesday 20 August 2013

Tree Hugger cloth pads


I first got these because I wanted to see what all the fuss was about! Everyone on youtube and blogs were raving about them but they didn’t really look anything special to me on screen. I also wanted to give minky a try so I said why not.
The owner, crystal is a lovely lady, she is always happy to answer any questions you may have and replies to you really quickly! Also if there is a problem with a pad, like a snap breaks, she’ll fix it. I can’t stress enough of how great a business owner she is. Her design is a straight cut with triangle wings which works great for some and others, like me prefer a slight flare at either end so keep that in mind.
I currently own 4 minky pantyliners, 2 light/regular day pads 1 heavy day pad and 2 night/postpartum pad all in minky.
My favourites by far are the overnights, they are so squishy and comfortable. They aren’t something to be worn out of the house with tight jeans though!
The regular day pads are good also, they aren’t too thick even though they may look it with the fleece and minky, when you wear them you can tell that they are reasonable in thickness.
The heavy day pads I don’t like because they are too thick and too short for what I want in a heavy day pad, if you like shorter lengths for heavy days (9inches) then you might like these.
The pantyliners are good, I don’t wear them a whole lot because I’ve discovered I’m not a huge fan of minky, but if I was I would love these!
Tree huggers prices have gone up since I bought but to me they are definitely still worth it and aren’t the most expensive out there. I am glad I have these in my stash and wouldn’t get rid of them, I may even add a couple of overnighters to it someday and I might try out her bamboo top fabric.
Having said that, I do urge everyone to buy at least one tree hugger because for each pad that is sold, WeForest plants a tree. How cool is that! I love that this is truly giving back to the environment, and is bound to get more attention that cloth pads exist!
Pros
Very absorbent
pretty
No confusion with size and absorbencies, 1 size day pads and one size overnights (this is also a con)
Shipping prices are reasonable
Great customer service! She answers emails in a matter of hours
One tree is planted for every pad sold!


Cons
Can be on the expensive side
1 size for day pads
Only minky and a limited amount of bamboo velour for top layers
no way of telling absorbency other that by touch
Stitching can be very crooked!

No comments:

Post a Comment